CalErin is locally based Alternative Investment & Advisory firm specializing in the Balkans (Bulgaria, Montenegro, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Bosnia, Slovenia, Albania, Greece), CEE, as well as other emerging and frontier markets.
CalErin believes investing in the emerging as well as frontier markets necessitates a specialist approach, which combines a presence on the ground, regional network, local knowledge and management expertise. CalErin has a talented team with in-depth knowledge and experience, which is purely focused on seeking out the best opportunities for our clients.
This local knowledge and experience puts us in a unique position, where we can evaluate Investment opportunities as well as highlight any hidden risks much more easily than other investment and advisory firms.
CalErin Group assists companies with their growth strategies. We identify investment opportunities, invest in and facilitate access to funding, while successfully managing the entire process in order to realise value in the companies under its management
CalErin Group consists of 3 divisions: , Alternative Investment , Venture capital and Advisory services.
Criteria For Investment
- Companies that can demonstrate sustainable growth, but are limited by capital constraints.
- Companies that can demonstrate the potential to realise value by capital investment, strategic acquisitions, and/or the introduction of advanced technology.
- Companies with a leading edge and capable of a sustainable competitive advantage or an existing monopoly.
- We typically only look at businesses that have been operating for at least 5 years, and have at least 3 years of positive earnings.
- Companies must have at least annual revenue of €10 million to be eligible.
- Businesses capable of showing consistently strong cash flows over the previous 18 months.
- Companies with a risk profile representing a genuine and sensible forecasted returns; reflecting in the Company’s valuation and offer price.
- Organisations with proven and quality executive management with industry knowledge and experience, strong compliance skills, exceptional commercial skills and integrity at the highest level.
- Companies with a business model capable of achieving economies of scale, recurring revenue or annuity type income, and don’t require considerable investment in capital expenditure. The Company must have a global perspective.
- CalErin will considered Companies with revenue below €10 million, on a case by case basis.
Important: All Companies must have a professionally prepared business plan.
Criteria for Investment in a new business venture.
- We Fund investments at Pre-seed, Early seed, super seed, late seed, Early Mezz, Series A ( but only in cases where we have invested in companies in early rounds)
- New business venture with a leading edge and capable of a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Professionally prepared business plan, with detailed financial projections ( IRR, ROI, ROE ).
- Companies that can ideally return Investment in under 6 years.
- Investment commitment 1m Eur and above, CalErin will consider investment below 1m Eur on a case by case basis.
- All Investment proposals must be scalable business ventures, either with a regional or global perspective.
- Any potential partner must have a proven executive management track record with industry knowledge and experience, strong compliance skills, exceptional commercial skills and integrity at the highest level.